Spring Pink Lady® apple and scallop ceviche
Spring is here at Pink Lady®. Full of freshness, this recipe combines a hint of the sea from the scallops with the vanilla sweetness of the Pink Lady® apple. Rich in textures, raw apple and courgette provide a crunch while the avocado and the scallops provide a soft and creamy element. The toasted sesame oil and chervil provide subtle oriental notes to marry toasted flavours with aniseed. Enjoy! Find out more
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lime
- 1 half courgette
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pinches of Espelette chilli pepper
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- 12 scallops (8 if large)
- 10 branches de chervil
- Finely dice the Pink Lady® apples, courgette and avocado.
- Finely dice the scallops and refrigerate.
- Zest the lime and press to obtain the juice.
- Pour some of the lime juice over the fruit and vegetables to prevent them from turning brown.
- Combine the rest with the two oils, the lime and two pinches of Espelette chilli pepper. Season.
- Dry fry the sesame seeds.
- Chop the chervil
- 30 minutes before serving, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, gently mix and then allow to rest for 30 minutes. Set aside a few chervil leaves for decoration.
- Serve the ceviche in small glasses and sprinkle with a few roasted sesame seeds, Espelette chilli pepper and sea salt
Pink Lady® top tip
serve with some toasted sourdough bread. You can replace the courgette with white cabbage!
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes