Pink Lady® surprise apples
Miss Chou Pink Lady® is the ideal summer treat! This refreshing and fruity pastry is a perfect blend of crunchy strips and chunks and creamy melt-in-the-mouth apple with the zesty flavours of currant, raspberry and lemon. You’ll love it! Find out more
- 5 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 half lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chive stems
- 30 g pine nuts
- 1 half red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 half green pepper
- 1 quarter cucumber
- 70 g Greek Feta cheese
- 6 slices pancetta
- 50 g Greek black olives
- 7 basil leaves
- Cut the tops off the four Pink Lady® apples
- Use a melon baller to remove the apples’ flesh, squeeze lemon juice over.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Remove the pips from the tomatoes.
- Peel the pepper.
- Dice the remaining apple, the tomatoes, the pepper, the cucumber, the onion and the feta.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the apple.
- Marinate the pepper in 2 dessert spoons of lemon juice for 10 minutes
- Halve the olives and dice the pancetta
- Roast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan
- Finely chop the aromatic herbs.
- Press the remaining lemon.
- Whisk the lemon together with the olive oil and season.
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a bowl with the dressing and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Fill the four apple ‘cups’ and garnish with salad to serve.
Pink Lady® top tip
Add praline to the eclairs for an even crunchier taste!