Pink Lady® millefeuille: layer after layer of pleasure…
At Pink Lady®, August is when we remove any excess leaves form the trees, enabling more sunlight to reach the fruit, so our recipe for millefeuille (‘a thousand leaves’ in French) could not be more apt. Try our Pink Lady®, sardine, avocado and pomegranate millefeuille recipe below. Find out more
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 lime
- 1 half lemon
- 1 avocado
- Milled pepper
- 1 tbsp of cider vinegar
- 200 g of fromage frais
- 1 tbsp of linseeds
- 250 g canned sardines in oil
- 50 g pomegranate
- 4 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- Mashed sardines: Drain the sardines, remove the central bone and mash with a fork. Add the lime juice and cream cheese. Lightly salt and pepper as desired. Mix to obtain the consistency of fish spread. Set aside.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone and slice thinly width ways.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the apples vertically.
- Lay a slice of apple on a plate, spread a layer of sardine mixture over the top, then add several slices of avocado.
- Repeat twice and place a final slice of Pink Lady® on the top.
- Make three more millefeuille following the same method.
- Juice the lemon in a bowl. Add the rapeseed oil, cider vinegar, and pepper a mix well.
- Pour sparingly over each millefeuille and then sprinkle pomegranate jewels and linseeds over the top.
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes