Pink Lady® apples with spicy syrup and citrus fruit puffs
Designed by the great Pourcel brothers, this dessert will really impress your guests.
- 500 g icing sugar
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
- Roll the puff pastry (quite thin) in the icing sugar, sprinkling sugar on top and bottom of dough. Roll the dough up and place in freezer for one hour. Next, cut the roll into slices of 1 to 1.5 cm, and then flatten out the slices width-wise. You will need two fruit puffs per person. Bake on a baking sheet in a hot oven.
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 g sugar
- 500 g water
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 pieces star anise
- peel of 1 lime
- In a saucepan, boil the water and the sugar, add the vanilla pod, the lemon peel and the spices. Thicken over heat with the potato starch. Next, add the diced Pink Lady® apples. Once cool, this sauce will have a syrupy texture.
- 3 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 3 rinds of 3 limes, grated fine
- 250 g fresh butter
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar and the rinds, and then add the eggs and the lime juice, while beating the mixture. Place this saucepan on a simmering double boiler and heat, stirring occasionally until you obtain a smooth foam. Remove the saucepan from the double boiler. Pass the cream through a fine sieve and pour it into a mixing bowl placed on a bed of ice cubes. Cut the butter into small pieces and incorporate them into the cream, whisking briskly. Put in refrigerator.
Pink Lady® top tip
Place a piece of baked puff pastry on a plate. Spoon a scoop of lime custard onto the puff pastry. Spread the candied grapefruit peel and the strips of candied lemon. Cover with another piece of puff pastry. Drizzle some spicy apple syrup around the fruit puff.
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes