Pink Lady® apple, fresh goat cheese and herb pesto terrine
Al fresco lunching and dining is a must now that its barbecue season! We have put together some refreshing and light side dishes to accompany your summer grills. Our fresh goat’s cheese terrines with Pink Lady® apples will be the perfect partner to your grilled kebabs. Wrapped in thin slices of apple, this melt-in-the-mouth dish has an apple mirepoix seasoned with fresh parsley pesto at its centre. Crisp and aromatic, these delicious little pieces of Pink Lady® apple reveal the fruity flavour of this product of choice. A few crunchy pine nuts bring toasty and woody aromas to this unique combination. Find out more
For the pesto:
- 1 sprigs parsley
- 65 g pine nuts
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- rock salt
- Make an apple mirepoix, and lemon to avoid browning.
- Roast the pine nuts 2 for minutes in a dry frying pan.
- Mix the flat parsley with the pine nuts.
- Add olive oil, salt flower, pepper and chopped apples. Mix well and set aside.
For the terrine:
- 2 Pink Lady® apple
- 1 lemon
- 2 pinches of Espelette chilli pepper
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 500 g goat cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Quarter the Pink Lady® apples, core them and then, using a mandolin, make very thin strips. Layer the strips to avoid oxidation, then drizzle with a drizzle of olive oil to slightly soften them. Set aside in a cool place.
- Crush the peppercorns.
- Crush and slice the goat’s cheese with a fork and add olive oil, espelette pepper and pepper.
- Line your mini foil moulds with food wrap (unless using silicone moulds, in which case this is not necessary).
- Line the bottom of the moulds with the apple strips, overlapping them.
- Fill the moulds halfway with the goat\’s cheese preparation, then add a layer of pesto about 0.5 centimetres. Finish with a layer of goat’s cheese, fold over the apple slices, and wrap in food wrap. Press down gently and then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 15 g pine nuts
- 3 tbsp acacia honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- rock salt
- Unmould the terrines. Gently remove the food wrap. Sprinkle with some pine nuts, pesto and honey vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Pink Lady® top tip
You can replace fresh parsley with basil for an Italian twist!