Melted camembert with Calvados and Pink Lady® appleapple
This dish is delicious, reassuring and easy-to-make on cold winter days.
- 4 Pink Lady® apples
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 non-pasteurized camembert rounds (1/2 per per
- 4 tbsp Calvados
- A few leaves of aromatic spices (parsley, chervil, chives and thyme)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
- Cut the camembert rounds in two, then cut each half into large slices. Put half the camembert with a soup spoon of calvados into each ramekin. Make sure the calvados covers each slices of camembert.
- Put them in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the cheese has completely melted. Use this time to cut the apple into pieces, making sure you remove any core and pips. Pour the lemon juice over the apple to prevent it turning brown. The apple is delicious eaten raw with the camembert poured over the top. However if you want, you can pan fry them quickly with a knob of salted butter to heat them through.
- Serve the melted camembert with the apples and the herbs of your choice
Pink Lady® top tip
You can always replace the calvados with a clove of crushed garlic and/ or freshly ground pink pepper.
Find inspiration with other recipes