Cinnamon Rolls with Pink Lady® apples and pecans
A word from culinary blogger Emilie, Plus une Miette: “It’s a pleasure for me to work with the Pink Lady® apple growers association. In November, the harvest begins! Pink Lady® apples are always picked by hand, in 3 rounds, so only the best, ripest apples get picked! ” Find out more
For the dough
- 400 g flour
- 1 egg
- 30 g caster sugar
- 2 pinch of salt
- The seeds from a vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon instant baking yeast
- 50 ml lukewarm water
- 100 ml lukewarm milk
- 50 g melted butter
- Put all of the dough ingredients in the bowl of a dough-kneading food processor for 10 to 15 minutes, until a homogeneous dough has formed.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it with a clean, slightly damp cloth.
- Let the dough stand at room temperature for 1 hour, until it doubles in volume.
Making the dough
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 20 g sugar
- 60 g brown sugar
- 100 g softened butter
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 30 cl milk
- 100 g crushed pecans
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- In a saucepan, melt a knob of butter, then add the cubes of Pink Lady® and the sugar.
- Brown the apples for a few minutes, then set them aside.
- Place the dough on a flour-covered worktop and form a rectangle measuring approximately 30 x 22 cm.
- Spread the soft butter on top of the dough and sprinkle completely with the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Arrange the browned apple cubes and the crushed pecans on top. Roll the dough lengthwise.
- Slice into 10 rolls, then place them next to each other on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let stand for another hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Brush the tops of the cinnamon rolls with a bit of milk, then bake for about 25 minutes, until they are deep golden brown.
- 100 g icing sugar
- 100 g cream cheese
- 30 ml hot water
- When you take them out of the oven, mix the icing ingredients, then spread the icing on top of the cinnamon rolls with a brush or spatula.
- Serve warm.
Pink Lady® top tip
An autumn recipe for a sweet treat! In addition to its colour, the Pink Lady® apple is appreciated for its aroma, flavour, crispness and firmness. This autumn, Pink Lady® suggests cinnamon rolls with Pink Lady® apples and pecans: an original, tasty recipe!
Find inspiration with other recipes